Jonesville, SC, United States
Date published: 1-Apr-2017
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Industrial Engineer (IE) will be an essential member of the Supply Chain team and will be responsible for leading key strategic initiatives from planning through implementation. Position will be responsible for managing and driving projects related to distribution and fulfillment network growth and continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform network and facility level analysis of operational data and metrics; provide recommendations based on analysis of key metrics that directly impact operational costs.
- Identify and implement expense reduction opportunities specifically related to overall supply chain initiatives.
- Evaluate and design facility layouts including storage rack, conveyor, automation, and other material handling solutions.
- Assist change management processes with ability to translate recommendations into clear and precise functional requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop analytical tools to improve problem-solving processes.
- Liaison with Merchants to forecast impact of key strategic initiatives on the distribution and fulfillment network.
- Perform advanced analysis including process mapping, development of labor standards, simulation, statistical modeling, and process re-engineering.
- Deliver projects on-time and on budget, including post implementation training, troubleshooting, and ongoing support as necessary.
- Develop financial budgets and tracking associated with return on investment, growth, and maintenance projects.
- Design, development, and implementation of operational reporting or dashboards, specifically related to key performance metrics or cost drivers.
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams, specifically with Merchants, eCommerce Planning and Allocation, IT, Finance, Sourcing, Transportation, HR, and Operations teams.
- Support external partnerships with vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Ability to support projects in both a distribution and corporate environment
- Provide consistent and timely communication with Supply Chain Executives, to present current status, acquire consensus of future needs and forecasts, and mitigate potential risk.
- Create and maintain production rates for Jonesville SC
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, with a can-do attitude.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
All employees are expected to be in compliance with government and corporate laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and/or Certifications:
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Specific Degree: Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science
- Specific Degree: Masters of Science or Masters of Business Administration
- Specific Certifications: Lean or Six Sigma Certification, CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) or PMP (Project Management Professional.
§ Masters degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- 4 or more years of applicable experience
- Specific work or project experience: Industrial Engineering, Operations Engineering, Fulfillment Operations, or Supply Chain Engineering