HR Lead - 2nd Shift
Jonesville, SC, United States
Date published: 18-Sep-2017
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Human Resources Lead is responsible for new hire onboarding and orientation, payroll administration, employee relations, policy implementation and administration, and special projects as assigned. This role will partner with HR Directors and Managers to oversee daily HR operations by leading processes and projects at fulfillment center.
- External Hiring: Enhance and facilitate new hire orientation program; manage all onboarding communications sent to new hires and their managers; ensure all HR Coordinator process steps are carried out; review and authorize new hire forms; follow up on background checks
- Internal Movement: Draft and maintain internal movement offer letters based on direction from HR Directors and Managers; review data in PeopleSoft to ensure accuracy
- Offboarding: Conduct exit interviews; document and analyze feedback; highlight key themes and concerns
- Payroll: Reviews Time and Attendance system for timekeeping accuracy prior to releasing to the Payroll Department for bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Staffing: Support headcount tracking for Belk associates and the contingent workforce.
- Performance Management: Support onboarding and annual performance review process and annual merit program: draft department communications to drive completion and review those who are incomplete for nuances (recent terminations, leaves of absence, etc.)
- Performance Improvement: Review, consult and respond to performance management concerns including counseling managers and supervisors on effectively addressing performance, conduct and/or attendance issues through coaching and progressive discipline
- Employee Relations: Lead internal investigations including general complaints, formal grievances and ethics line violations and completing reports documenting findings and closing out the investigation
- Policy Support: Interpret, communicate and administer personnel policies and ensures compliance with governmental regulations. Assist in new policy formulation and implementation.
- Benefits: Support annual benefits enrollment and leave of absence administration
- Risk Management & HR Compliance: Respond to Workers Compensation Claims and maintain OSHA logs; facilitate and track completion of Annual HR Compliance Training (Safety, Unlawful Harassment and Acceptable Business Practices)
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Specific work or project experience: 3+ years of HR experience including employee relations
- Industry experience: Human Resources
- Knowledgeable of legal aspects of Human Resources
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Microsoft Office software products proficient – emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint