New Store Opening. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
The role of the Store Visual Merchandise Manager is to assume a leadership role for implementing visual merchandising standards and guidelines at store level that are consistent with company’s standards and directives. Plan, implement, communicate, and train visual associates to properly execute dressing of mannequins, forms, signing, accent lighting, fixturing standards, and implementation of visual directives in the store to gain consistent presentation standards.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, management, and corporate personnel.
• Ability to supervise, direct, and motivate associates.
• Ability to present merchandise in knowledgeable, creative and appealing manner
• Knowledge of fashion trends, styles and colors.
• Eye for detail and color coordination.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to paint using oil, latex, and spray paints.
• Basic knowledge of tools and measuring devices.
Management Practices & Business Applications:
• Supervise store management on communication and implementation of visual issues (i.e.: adjacencies, sale events, visual set-ups, shop installations, promotions, special events.)
• Train, develop, direct, and oversee visual staff members (VM Associates.)
• Supervise plan, and implement seasonal visual collateral with Store Manager.
• Oversee and perform daily visual maintenance for all areas. Work with Store Manager, ASM’s, STM’s and associates to see that daily standards are executed and maintained.
• Participate in weekly walk-through with Store Manager and attend MGR meeting in-store.
• Oversee and maintain all mannequins, forms, on a regular basis according to the merchandising corporate directives.
• Responsible for the coordination, inventory, and proper storage of all seasonal trim to prevent damage or destruction of existing materials. Work with Store Manager and Regional Visual Manager to secure proper space and meet requirements.
• Oversee planning, coordination, and installation of Cosmetic collateral based on Corporate Cosmetic Calendar and individual store setups. Maintain and inventory all cosmetic collateral properly to ensure no damage occurs.
• Manage installation and current upkeep of vendor identification by Demand Center as indicated in the Visual Demand Center ID listing. Install departmental identification as prescribed in the store fore mentioned listing.
• Work with Store Manager and Regional Visual Manager to oversee, adjust and target all accent (spotlights) lighting that are complementing mannequins, table forms, strike zones, icon walls, and fixturing along main aisles.
• Work with Store Operations to verify and inspect all incoming receipts and transfer of visual merchandising items, fixtures, collateral and supplies.
• Work with store operations in the packing and transferring of display items and supplies requested by corporate and follow-up as needed.
• Manage, maintain, and organize stock room for visual items.
• Manage and maintain and organized file of corporate directive, division directives, and receipt slips.
• Follow corporate procedures and policies regarding merchandise borrowed from department stock that are used in visual displays and on mannequins. Manage and maintain accurate records.
• Train and supervise less experienced visual associates in planning and installation of visual directives and installation of visual directives in the store. Train visual associates on the proper usage of tools.
• Review and direct visual associates and general manages in the planning and installation of visual directives for successful quality implementation.
• Oversee and follow up on vendor and in store shop installations and report any issues back to Regional Visual Manager.
• Interview, evaluate, and recommend visual candidates.
• Suggest merchandise presentation ideas as necessary.
• Assist in special events and in-store promotions as directed.
• Complete additional tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
• High School Diploma required.
• Degree in an accredited art school or college with emphasis on arts, advertising, design or theater preferred.
• Minimum of two years experience in Visual Merchandising or retail management.
• Must be able to lift between up to 50 lbs
• Basic knowledge of tools and measuring devices
• Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
• Ability to lift and carrying props
• Ability to assemble displays and hang signage at elevated heights
• Ability to operate a computer
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.