Sales & Profit
• Meeting or exceeding store sales and profit plans through the training, coaching & managing of their sales staff.
• Provide training & communication of meeting or exceeding Customer First goals to sales staff.
• Communication with Store Manager and Division HR regarding issues and needs.
• Ensure shrinkage control and Loss Prevention in store through the continual management of associates.
• Proper execution of all existing systems and procedures, and ownership of new system implementations and processes.
Expense Planning & Management
• Adhering to annual expense budgets for store to achieve profit goals.
• Monitoring store payroll and non-payroll expenses to achieve annual expense % goals.
• Taking timely corrective action on expense budget variances.
• Scheduling staffing in all departments to meet customer service expectations.
• Administering current pay plan as it was designed.
• Managing receipt flow of merchandise to floor in accordance with floor ready program.
• Maintaining a safe shopping and working environment.
• Monitoring and controlling cash overages/shortages.
• Conducting timely reviews and communicating development needs with subordinate. Set goals and identify areas for improvement.
• Recruiting, interviewing, selecting and retaining quality associates and ensures all positions are filled in a timely manner.
• Maintaining high store morale through efficient, timely communications of policies and other information. Follow through on all concerns or problems that develop within the store.
• Provide effective coaching in order to improve performance of all associates.
• Developing and promoting a diverse group of associates.
• Communicating with associates on possible career paths and advancement opportunities.
• Ensuring all associates receive and complete all necessary paperwork.